Welcome, welcome, welcome…Where to begin?
It’s 2018 and I’m starting this blog for a few reasons:
- I like the name a lot
- Most people I know will say they know little to nothing about saving, investing, etc. or will say they do…but they don’t
- Friends keep asking me for advice on stuff
But hey, I’m Prince and when I’m feeling really corny, I may refer to myself on here as “Thrifty P.” I’m a pharmacist by education and profession, but I get much more excited talking about saving money than I do about drugs.
Quick and Dirty About Me
- Maryland and Howard Grad
- My “zero moment” occurred when I graduated pharmacy school and realized that I did not even know what an index fund was
- I’m a firm believer that knowledge is power
- Got hella student loan debt, but I’ve got plans for that (hey man, a lot of us didn’t have blogs to read to tell us not to be stupid in college)
- Still in my good 20’s
- I really hate the term Millennial, but according to society, I’m one of them
- Bought my first home in 2016, first investment property in 2017 (whoop whoop)
- I guess I’m a moderately high income earner, but I’ve definitely been broke before
- People assume I’m an introvert, which I don’t think is true. I just think some people talk too much about nothing and I don’t understand why they talk to me
- I think it would be pretty awesome if this blog blew up and I got to leave the workforce and write full-time.
- NOT a financial advisor so don’t hold me accountable for any advice you read on here and if this statement isn’t enough, there are awesome disclaimers below that reinforce that point 🙂
What Can You Expect from this Blog?
Well for one, I won’t talk to you like a guru (or I will try not to at least). I have really grown to hate advice pages and memes that use words like “you have to” or “you can’t.” I really just want to open your mind to options and explain how I think about certain things.
One recurring theme that you may see in my thoughts on here is that the automatic/easy option is likely not in your favor in the long term. My goal is to help people get from the point of “Man, I don’t know ANYTHING” to at least the basics. If we can get you to beyond, well then that’s pretty awesome also.
Feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions, etc.